News

SMF - Just Installed!

What Rules Exists To Protect A President From Potential Congressional Harassment?

DonnyZeal0 · 54

DonnyZeal0

• Hi, everybody! My name is Donny. It is a little about myself: I live in Australia, my city of Berlang. It's called often Eastern or cultural capital of NSW. I've married 3 years ago. I have two children - a son (Layla) and the daughter (Lano
    • View Profile
    • What Rules Exists To Protect A President From Potential Congressional.
You're a board member of a nonprofit organization where the President/CEO (possibly Executive Director) just announced he/she is leaving. What do you do now? For more than 30 years in higher education and as a trustee or director on nonprofit boards I watched this scenario from several angles: trustee, candidate in a search, administrator directing a search, incoming president, outgoing president. What I've learned is that, while most trustees are business owners who've hired and fired, few have selected a nonprofit executive. Trust me; it's an experience that's "way different" from corporate. Nonprofit executive selection processes are typically open, public, "political," lengthy affairs in which stakeholders frequently assert their "right" to participate in the selection process if not actually to make the choice. In the cacophony that often follows it doesn't take long for trustees to wonder who let the dogs out. 1. Address President's transition with Board of Trustees.